Printing error: IllegalStreamHeader
Tim Witort
2005-09-01 22:18:37 UTC
VFP8 SP1

I have an odd problem printing reports to an HP LJ2100.
If I preview the reports they look fine. If I preview
the reports then hit the print button in the preview
toolbar, they print fine. If, however I go straight
to the printer with

REPORT FORM myrpt.frx NOCONSOLE TO PRINTER

A single page prints from the printer with:

PCL XL error
Subsystem: KERNEL
Error: IllegalStreamHeader
Operator: 0x0
Position: 0

This happens on reports with just simple text and lines
as well as reports having images and complex layout.

Rebooting the PC has fixed the problem, but I am wondering
what caused this and if there is something I need to fix or
be aware of. I've heard of corrupted images doing this to
HP drivers, but I have no such problem. And being able to
print from the preview but not directly seems very odd.

-- TRW
_______________________________________
t r w 7
at
i x dot n e t c o m dot c o m
_______________________________________
Dan Freeman
2005-09-02 16:19:26 UTC
Usually, it's the other way around. <g> (C5 errors printing from preview,
etc.)

Having it work after rebooting makes memory corruption suspect. Does this
happen when you boot in safe mode? Using plain-Jane VGA driver? The usual
debugging steps apply here.

Dan
_______________________________________
Tim Witort
2005-09-06 15:30:14 UTC
Post by Dan Freeman
Usually, it's the other way around. <g> (C5 errors printing from
preview, etc.)
Having it work after rebooting makes memory corruption suspect. Does
this happen when you boot in safe mode? Using plain-Jane VGA driver?
The usual debugging steps apply here.
This was a one-shot occurence and has not happened since, so I
haven't had a chance to apply other solutions to it. Memory
corruption looks like the most likely culprit at this point.

thanks,
-- TRW
t r w 7
at